There are currently NO full or part-time job openings at CVW Event Productions. CVW Event Productions is always looking for talented and qualified freelancers to improve our roster though. See below for details.
CVW Event Productions is constantly updating its roster of skilled freelancers we regularly hire for our jobs. If you are not on our roster (or want to update your info) please follow these instructions. This is not for beginners or entry level personnel. If you have significant practical experience and want to work with us we’d like to hear from you. For consideration you must send us your resume (use one method only):
470 Spring Park Place, Suite 900
Herndon, VA 20170
Attn: Freelance application
Your inquiry MUST contain the following info for consideration:
- Subject heading: Freelance application
- Comprehensive resume or bio (attached or in body of message) Info must be true (we check) and demo material must be made by you (or labeled as to your contribution).
- Types of roles you can perform TODAY (see list below).
- Scope of relevant experience.
- Official credentials if any (Capitol Hill, police, passport, top secret clearance, etc.).
- Union memberships if any.
- Indicate if you have demo reel (do not send at this time)
- Two recent references with contact info.
- Realistic range of rates you will accept for, 5-hour, and 10-hour days.
- Any languages spoken other than English.
Please understand the following conditions for application.
- Submit no more than twice in any 12-month period.
- No calls please.
- We may or may not contact you.
- You will primarily be hired as labor to run our large inventory of gear. If you own gear, please let us know exactly what you have but please don’t expect us to hire you with that gear often.
- If we contact you, it may be several months after we receive your inquiry.
- Be prepared to take an assignment immediately even if we haven’t contacted you recently.
- After submission, please update us if your work situation changes.
Freelance Positions Hired:
- Camera Operators (multi-camera)
- ENG/EFP Photographers
- Field Audio Techs
- Board audio techs (A1)
- Audio Assistants (A2)
- Lighting Techs
- Master Electricians
- Webcast Operators
- Video Projectionists
- Tape Operators
- Playback Pro Operators
- Chyron Graphic Operators
- Video Techs (shader)
- Technical Directors
- Staging and Drape Hands
We do not currently hire:
- Voice-over talent
- On-camera talent
- Editing systems
If hired, you must be able to fulfill the duties of job you are booked on.
- We usually require at least two years of practical, hands-on technical experience.
- You must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Review the “statement of understanding” under which all work is conducted.
Please invoice CVW Event Productions the approved rate. Invoices must include the following information:
Your SSN or EIN
Your signature (electronic copies OK but must have signed copies by September or every year).
Actual hours (call and completion times)
Overtime only with client approval*
Expenses (if any) only with prior client approval*
Project name and/or client job numbers
Note: there are any extra expenses on the job please contact your crew chief immediately following the assignment. These costs are passed on to the client and need to be included on their invoice. If we don’t get this information within two days of the job, then CVW Event Productions will not reimburse you and you cannot bill for overtime. Please itemize your invoice.
Please send invoices immediately following job to:
CVW Event Productions
Address: 470 Spring Park Place, Suite 900
Herndon, VA 20170
You can group multiple jobs on one invoice provided you give us complete, detailed information that includes all the items listed above.
You may receive one check for both services and expenses. Your 1099 will reflect only your pay totals and will not include your expense reimbursements.
CVW Event Productions will not pay any invoice that is sent more than 12 months after a job. Our fiscal year ends September 30. Please send us all invoices for past work before that date.
CVW Event Productions intends to pay all crew invoices 30 days following receipt of invoice. You are welcome to contact the office to confirm receipt but please don’t ask to be paid any sooner than one month. At rare times we experience a temporary cash-flow problem and will have to delay payment on invoices, including those from freelancers. We appreciate your patience and understanding during these tight times. Please know that we will get all past invoices paid as soon as possible. Unlike many other companies, we do not wait to be paid by our client before we pay you.
We are Creative at our core. Diversity drives creativity. Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity and experience is what fuels us on each project we complete. We are a company where difference is valued and celebrated. We’re always building our network of both internal and external employees with this diversity and inclusion in mind.